Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Summarize by ALL and Region

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi All,

Is there a way to use one summarize tool to get the Total & % for ALL and a Specific Region Total & % in the Same row? as show in Output?

At the end before the final Output I want to just add four filters to generate Alteryx  report for each region to get the desired Output.

Attached the Sample WF and expected Output.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You’ll need to calculate the % of total by region first. 

You will need a few summarise tools to get it done, I’m on my phone so I can’t build something for you. 

The first summarise tool is for you to get the total amount of measure you’re having.

Make a second summarize tool group by region and sum by measure, now use the append tool to append your total calculated to the 2nd summarize tool’s values, then use a formula tool to create a formula expression to get the % by getting values of each region / total * 100 to get the percentage (out of 100). 

Once done, you should now have a summarize tool value with each region and their measure and their %. 

You can then add a record ID to them, then cross tab the values. 

But I guess if you want to try, you can experiment this way!

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@suby attaching the batch macro

image.png

suby
11 - Bolide

Thanks for the clarification and I will play around as you suggested.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels