Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Since upgrade to 2022.1.1 unable to sort select tool by selection

d1miller99
7 - Meteor

I used to be able to sort the "Select" tool by "selection". However since I upgraded to, I am not longer able to  - the second screenshot attached is how it is on version 2022.1.1. Notice there is a sorting icon above the first checkmark. I can click it and see all the check marks first. On c, I do not see that anymore. First screenshot is what it looks like now - and notice that the icon above the selection boxes is now a select all field

no sort.PNG

selectsort.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @d1miller99 

It is there, in the latest versions of the Designer the down-up arrow is embedded into the header, take a look at the screenshots below; note, you can sort on any of the select's column fields, just click on their header.

Select-Sort-01.pngSelect-Sort-02.pngSelect-Sort-03.png

hth

Arnaldo

d1miller99
7 - Meteor

i am wanting to sort  the "check marks" in select tool to show check marks in the beginning. There is no header there and if i click the square to the left of working session it will select all the fields. If i click the field header, it will just sort by the field alphabetically

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

@d1miller99 

You missed the tricky way it works know, I magnified my screenshot

Select-Sort-04.png

You can click on the "Check Box" at the header row, but be careful, I highlighted in green the area for you to click, it is not very large, and if you are not careful, you may end selecting all the field; Just click left on the checkbox, I know there is not much space, but that were you need to click to sort the field by the selection check box.

Hope this helps,

Arnaldo

Labels