Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Since upgrade to 2022.1.1 unable to sort select tool by selection

d1miller99
7 - Meteor

I used to be able to sort the "Select" tool by "selection". However since I upgraded to, I am not longer able to  - the second screenshot attached is how it is on version 2022.1.1. Notice there is a sorting icon above the first checkmark. I can click it and see all the check marks first. On c, I do not see that anymore. First screenshot is what it looks like now - and notice that the icon above the selection boxes is now a select all field

no sort.PNG

selectsort.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @d1miller99 

It is there, in the latest versions of the Designer the down-up arrow is embedded into the header, take a look at the screenshots below; note, you can sort on any of the select's column fields, just click on their header.

Select-Sort-01.pngSelect-Sort-02.pngSelect-Sort-03.png

hth

Arnaldo

d1miller99
7 - Meteor

i am wanting to sort  the "check marks" in select tool to show check marks in the beginning. There is no header there and if i click the square to the left of working session it will select all the fields. If i click the field header, it will just sort by the field alphabetically

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

@d1miller99 

You missed the tricky way it works know, I magnified my screenshot

Select-Sort-04.png

You can click on the "Check Box" at the header row, but be careful, I highlighted in green the area for you to click, it is not very large, and if you are not careful, you may end selecting all the field; Just click left on the checkbox, I know there is not much space, but that were you need to click to sort the field by the selection check box.

Hope this helps,

Arnaldo

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels