Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

SharePoint tools

ivoiculescu2020
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Can someone please guide me on how to configure the SharePoint tool? I downloaded them already but I have troubles setting it up properly. 

I clicked on Setup Connection, I configured a data source but it is asking me to connect it to credentials (attached image 1)

These are the authentication methods. Can you advise which one to select? (image 2)

Please advise! Where can I find any training documents that could guide me on how to configure the Sharepoint tools?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@ivoiculescu2020 I use "Browser sign in as User" and click on "Connect." When you click the "Connect" button, it opens up your browser and you can click through it to get what you need. 

ivoiculescu2020
8 - Asteroid

@Prometheus Hello,

thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I need admin rights for Alteryx to connect to the network and I don't have those.

Any other ideas/suggestions? thank you again

Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@ivoiculescu2020 Can you not request access?

ivoiculescu2020
8 - Asteroid

@Prometheus I can try but I don't think I am allowed to have admin access

Do you know how I can configure the SharePoint tools using the other options?

thank you!

Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@ivoiculescu2020 If you can get to the Azure Portal to get the Client ID and Client Secret, then you can use that to authenticate: https://softkeys.uk/blogs/blog/how-to-check-client-id-and-secret-in-sharepoint-online#:~:text=If%20y...

Labels