Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sending an Email on Friday if someone goes on Holidays the following Monday

Deano478
12 - Quasar

Hi Folks,

I'm currently working on something pretty cool and I just hit a bit of a roadblock that I hope someone can shed some light on.

Essentially I want to be send out an email to someone on Friday if they go on leave the following Monday. I'm fine with the email tool my issue is with trying to find the previous Friday I'm just not sure about how I can calculate/find this.

So in the case of Dean Below I'd wanna email him on the Friday prior to his holiday time which would be the 14th

Here is a small anonymous sample of the data:

IDNameDate EnteredDay of WeekApproved
1Dean17/04/2023MondayY
2Sean05/04/2023WednesdayY
3Mark31/03/2021FridayY

If it's a complicated ask I do apologise as I don't want to be taking up peoples time either.

Cheers for the help in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Deano478 ,

I've attached the workflow to do this.

Basically, I have built a calculation as follows:

if [Approved]="Y" then datetimeadd([Date Entered],
(if DateTimeFormat([Date Entered],"%u")="5" then -7 elseif
DateTimeFormat([Date Entered],"%u")="4" then -6 elseif
DateTimeFormat([Date Entered],"%u")="3" then -5 elseif
DateTimeFormat([Date Entered],"%u")="2" then -4 elseif
DateTimeFormat([Date Entered],"%u")="1" then -3 elseif
DateTimeFormat([Date Entered],"%u")="7" then -2 elseif
DateTimeFormat([Date Entered],"%u")="6" then -1 else 0 endif),
"Days") else "Error" endif

This check first if the record has been approved. If so, then pull the number of the day (%u) from the date field, and apply a datetimeadd function to roll it back a given number of days to the prior friday according to the number of the day. So, if it's Thursday and the record is approved, move it back 6 days.

mceleavey_0-1680703461113.png

This gives me the following:

mceleavey_1-1680703478761.png

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Deano478
12 - Quasar

@mceleavey That was extremely helpful I was able to tweak your approach slightly and got the desired output cheers for the assistance

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

no problem.gif

Bulien

Labels