Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Send an Excel File to ServieNow via API

david_keeton
5 - Atom

I have a pretty simple file I want to create in Alteryx and send to ServiceNow - my issue is formatting the excel file into a format that can be received by ServiceNow.

I have my API URL configured properly as my ServiceNow ticket is able to receive an attachment but the data is corrupted when I open the file - what steps should I take once I render my table to make the file suitable to be sent via the download tool?

2 REPLIES 2
SPetrie
13 - Pulsar

Ive only used the Download Tool to send files via FTP, but I assume this is a similar process.

Use a Blob Input tool for the excel file and pass the blob to the Download Tool as the payload.

You may also need the additional step of using a Blob Convert tool to convert the blob to Base64 encoded. I dont need that step for my FTP transfers, but not sure how ServiceNow would handle the regular blob.

Give both ways a shot. Hopefully that helps.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

can you provide a sample endpoint you are using in the ServiceNow api documentation? Is this SOAP or Rest? Can you share the configuration of your download tool. @SPetrie 's suggestion is very good. You'd also add content-type in your download tool. Probably  application/octet-stream  - but some of that is specific to the API and the file.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels