Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Same table in different schemas in output

sjain71
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I am reading data from a table from a SQL server database table, but I want to insert the data in same tables with different schemas. How can I dynamically change the schemas in output tool in a batch macro.  

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@sjain71 

Do you think you can provide a sample for the input and output?

sjain71
7 - Meteor

Hi Qiu,

@Qiu 

I have 10 similar tables in different databases in SQL server. For eg, for the table orders I have CustomerA.Orders , Customer B.orders. Now I have to transform the data and load the data in 1 database (eg. Customer database ) which has 3 schemas (Customer A, Customer B, Customer C ) and three Tables CustomerA.orders, CustomerB.orders, and CustomerC.order. 

Now I am able to read the data from all three customers using a macro but I am not able to insert data in three tables based on customers. The problem is I can change the connection string manually but the input sample will be different for different tables (orders, products, department). How can I build a reusable macro where input varies on the tables.

Labels