Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Same table in different schemas in output

sjain71
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I am reading data from a table from a SQL server database table, but I want to insert the data in same tables with different schemas. How can I dynamically change the schemas in output tool in a batch macro.  

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@sjain71 

Do you think you can provide a sample for the input and output?

sjain71
7 - Meteor

Hi Qiu,

@Qiu 

I have 10 similar tables in different databases in SQL server. For eg, for the table orders I have CustomerA.Orders , Customer B.orders. Now I have to transform the data and load the data in 1 database (eg. Customer database ) which has 3 schemas (Customer A, Customer B, Customer C ) and three Tables CustomerA.orders, CustomerB.orders, and CustomerC.order. 

Now I am able to read the data from all three customers using a macro but I am not able to insert data in three tables based on customers. The problem is I can change the connection string manually but the input sample will be different for different tables (orders, products, department). How can I build a reusable macro where input varies on the tables.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels