Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Request help with Formula

duttaabhishek
7 - Meteor

Hi I have a dataset as attached. I want to replicate the Excel Formula in Column "J" (Summary Tab) to Alteryx.  I am not able to how to use alteryx to get the desired result. Can someone please help. 

1 REPLY 1
ChrisTX
16 - Nebula

The attached workflow should point you in the right direction.

IF Summary sheet cell G3 = API or Manufacturing:
INDEX('Lookup Tables'!AN:AN, MATCH(Summary!I3, 'Lookup Tables'!AO:AO, 0)):
This function searches for a value from cell I3 of the 'Summary' sheet within column AO of the 'Lookup Tables' sheet. If a match is found, it returns the corresponding value from column AN of the 'Lookup Tables' sheet.

IF Summary sheet cell G3 = any other value:
INDEX('Lookup Tables'!AM:AM, MATCH(Summary!I3, 'Lookup Tables'!AO:AO, 0)):
This function searches for a value from cell I3 of the 'Summary' sheet within column AO of the 'Lookup Tables' sheet. If a match is found, it returns the corresponding value from column AM of the 'Lookup Tables' sheet.

The "New column" below is after I deleted empty rows and columns from your original sheets.

Summary sheet:
  Original column G = New column E = 3rd Party Category Note: this is also a formula, you'll need to calculate the 3rd Party Category value first
  Original Column I = New column G = Payment Terms Note: this is also a formula, you'll need to calculate the Payment Terms value first

Lookup Tables sheet: (I copied the 3 columns below to a new sheet "Payment Terms Mapping")
  Original column AM = (sheet Payment Terms Mapping) New column A = Indirect
  Original column AN = (sheet Payment Terms Mapping) New column B = Direct
  Original column AO = (sheet Payment Terms Mapping) New column C = Payment Terms

Screenshot 2024-04-25 061746.png

Chris

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels