Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Rendering into MS Word for upload onto Google Sheets

ew1998
5 - Atom

Hi all, this is an annoying issue but I have to render and upload 3000 ish word documents onto google drive. The current issue is that when I upload the files, the line that I've added and the image at the top both disappear unless I change it to compatibility mode. The line will also disappear. This would not be an issue if the file count was lower, but it would be impossible to go in and change them all.

For context I'm using an image tool that gets combined with a text tool using a horizontal layout tool to create a header, then using a vertical layout tool to stack the combined "header' with a line created from a text tool and the actual body/content (text tool as well).

Long story short, is there a way for alteryx to render the word document in compatibility mode or make it so that the image and the line will appear when uploading to drive. I have tried changing my settings to "convert to docs format" when I upload but no success thus far.

1 REPLY 1
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Are you actually reading in the Word docs as data files or as Blobs?  Do you have a workflow you can share?
Maybe I'm oversimplifying this, but seems that pushing a list of blobs to Google Drive would work.

Labels