Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Remove empty columns and concatenate

Saratnarendran
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I have an input file that has a primary unique column ID and name columns (1 to n). Some of it might be empty (null). I need to concatenate the name fields for those that doesn't have empty cells by adding a delimiter " & ". I was trying to do using summarize tools (group by ID) and then concatenate. But I am not able to solve it. Really appreciate looking into this issue. Please see the attached sample Input and Required Sample Output.

3 REPLIES 3
griffinwelsh
12 - Quasar

This is a dynamic solution that should work for you.

Saratnarendran
7 - Meteor

Thanks a lot @griffinwelsh . It worked.

Just a quick question out of curiosity, what change should I make on the above workflow so that I can have the combined columns without losing old columns. See below output format I am referring to and kindly let me know if you have questions.

griffinwelsh
12 - Quasar

@Saratnarendran you can just join on based on record id the output from the recordid tool and the final output of the sample I attached

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels