Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Remove Duplicate Records by Creating New Fields

George_Fischetti
8 - Asteroid

Good morning folks....

I've received a data file of claims that has duplicate records in it due to multiple email addresses that can be attached for each record of a claim.

I want to consolidate my records so that there is a single line for each claim and each email address winds up in is own field.  (See attached data).  In this example there can be as many as 7 email addresses for a single claim (yes, odd, old system), while most claims will have 1 or 2 email addresses.   I'd appreciate some guidance as this is a little beyond my skills at the moment.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @George_Fischetti 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1646401657348.png

Hope this helps : )

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @George_Fischetti 

Here is another way I can do it.

atcodedog05_0-1646401820982.png

Hope this helps : )

George_Fischetti
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 This is exactly what I was trying to do.  I was part of the way there but didn't really understand how the Multi Row tool worked.  Thanks again for a great learning experience!!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @George_Fischetti 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels