Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Regex Parse text - words and numbers

robmoore_fca
5 - Atom

Hi guys,

Would really appreciate any help, have been going round in circles myself and trying to use other answers on forum here without luck so far.

I am trying to pull two specific data points from a text string, I need the "x year" and "y device/node" from the below

The format is slightly different each time, so I need to pull out a number (from 1-5 characters) with a variety of specific words after it (node, year, device) that can be in a different part of the text string each time, below examples

Product Name 50 nodes 1 year > want to isolate "50 nodes" and "1 year"

Product Name 100 nodes license key > want to isolate "100 nodes"

1 Year Product Name Service for 1 device > want to isolate "1 Year" and "1 device"

Thanks for the help,

Rob

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @robmoore_fca I mocked up a workflow that produces the output you describe. Let me know what you think?

robmoore_fca
5 - Atom

That's great thanks Joseph

After seeing it worked perfectly just had to take the time to figure out how you did it then so I can hopefully replicate, much appreciated

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @robmoore_fca the key part was the regex which is looking for every digit until a space then a whole word and by using tokenize it ensures I get multiple patterns in the string. The rest of the workflow is meant to aid in pivot the data into a horizontal format and join back on the original data. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels