Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Regex Parse text - words and numbers

robmoore_fca
5 - Atom

Hi guys,

Would really appreciate any help, have been going round in circles myself and trying to use other answers on forum here without luck so far.

I am trying to pull two specific data points from a text string, I need the "x year" and "y device/node" from the below

The format is slightly different each time, so I need to pull out a number (from 1-5 characters) with a variety of specific words after it (node, year, device) that can be in a different part of the text string each time, below examples

Product Name 50 nodes 1 year > want to isolate "50 nodes" and "1 year"

Product Name 100 nodes license key > want to isolate "100 nodes"

1 Year Product Name Service for 1 device > want to isolate "1 Year" and "1 device"

Thanks for the help,

Rob

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @robmoore_fca I mocked up a workflow that produces the output you describe. Let me know what you think?

robmoore_fca
5 - Atom

That's great thanks Joseph

After seeing it worked perfectly just had to take the time to figure out how you did it then so I can hopefully replicate, much appreciated

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @robmoore_fca the key part was the regex which is looking for every digit until a space then a whole word and by using tokenize it ensures I get multiple patterns in the string. The rest of the workflow is meant to aid in pivot the data into a horizontal format and join back on the original data. 

Labels