Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Regex Match Formula

SagarGite
7 - Meteor

There is a formula being applied on my data - REGEX_Match(ToString([INN]), "-?[0-9]+") the developer is no more with my company and i belive this formula highlits the records where there is any number in the field and i have a vleu - "THIAMINE (VITAMIN B1)" under this B1 there is 1 number available still it does not validated this formula which is correct for my need but i am not sure how this works?

4 REPLIES 4
sergejs_kutkovics
9 - Comet

Overall, the formula is checking whether the string representation of the value in the [INN] field contains a valid integer pattern. If there is a match, it will return true, indicating that the value is a valid integer; otherwise, it will return false.

• -?: This part of the pattern allows for an optional minus sign at the beginning of the string, indicating a negative number.

• [0-9]+: This part of the pattern matches one or more digits (0 to 9).

With the example value you provided, I'd say the ToString([INN]) part is not necessary, as the value provided is already a string. 

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Your regex should match that value. I see it as unmatched in my designer - which is wrong. I edited this to:

REGEX_Match(ToString([INN]), ".*-*\d+.*")

which did correctly tag this value.

sergejs_kutkovics
9 - Comet

@SagarGite, the original formula will validate data only when the whole [INN] value looks like an integer. If you want to validate all [INN] that contains an integer, use the formula provided by @apathetichell.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

@sergejs_kutkovics that was my initial take - but regex101 says otherwise...

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels