Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Recursive macros

pablo_luna
5 - Atom

Hi,
I'm trying to get some data from Salesforce using the new Salesforce Reporting REST API. I managed to get it to work with the download connector, but the API returns a max of 2000 records and a flag field in true or false to indicate if all fields were returned.
Since I don't know the total number of records in the report, I wanted to build a recursive macro that keeps quering Salesforce until flag field was true. This could be easily achieve by having a macro calling itself with some parameter that it would change in every iteration. I try to do this, but I got an error message saying that a macro cannot be insterted into itself.
Is there any way of doing what I need to do?
Note: Salesforce connector is not an option because it can't see the objects that I want to use.

Thank you,
Pablo

10 REPLIES 10
shevshenko
7 - Meteor

Hi Pablo - I am having the same issue you faced time ago where the Salesforce Reporting API only retreives 2000 records max in my Existing Reports, any recent workaround / solution you have for this same item? Thanks @pablo_luna 

Labels