Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reconciliation Techniques

BenMurrells
8 - Asteroid

Morning All...

Still a very novice Alteryx user here and am working my way through the learning path.  Something I wanted to do in conjunction with that learning path is work on real world data whilst I do so.  Which brings me on to reconciliation techniques.  I wanted to start out with what I deem to be a very simple process in Excel which I'd like to convert into Alteryx as follows:

File X - Data sourced from B but produced by F

File Y - Data sourced from B but produced by G

In Excel I'd use a combination of four of the 100 fields in the data to create a unique code.  I'd then produce a master listing so no unique was missed from X or Y.  I'd then Vlookup or Sumif (where applicable) to make sure non or financial fields were the same in both datasets.

Does anyone have a good starting point for this.  In my head this isn't complex at all so I started out with Join connected to both X and Y.  Not ideal but a good starting point to know if columns are missing etc etc.  But it would be good to see a fully fledged reconciliation layout if possible.

1 REPLY 1
Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @BenMurrells ,

I understand your table already has unique key, and you want to check some fileds to be the same between file X and Y.

If that is the case, you may want to "Transpose" your table to check each combination of Row and Column.

For example,

Original Data

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1681373599987.png

Reconciled Data (The changed cell is highlighted)

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1681373645437.png

Workflow

Yoshiro_Fujimori_2-1681373692933.png

Transpose Tool configuration

Yoshiro_Fujimori_3-1681373719266.png

Output after Filter Tool (False)

Yoshiro_Fujimori_5-1681373796031.png

I hope this can be of some help.

Labels