Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Range in Output Causing Duplicate Rows and Incorrect Summarized Values

markalves
8 - Asteroid

My output specifies a range to overwrite...for example (a:c), and when I validated the data I noticed that there is a duplicate on the last row.  On an other sheet with similar rules for output the data has multiple duplicate rows, and on another sheet it has a duplicate row with completely false values in the columns.  

I did a lot of tinkering around with removing duplicates and cleansing data to remove leading or training whitespace.  I thought I had fixed it, then when I go to run the report the next day with new data, I find that the problem still persists.  

To solve this I had to remove the range of the output.  When I removed the range it summed everything up perfectly with no duplicates.  However, I would really like to have those formulas that are now no longer on my sheet that was completely overwritten.  

Has anyone else come across this problem?  It seems strange that I would have completely different output just because I got rid of the range. 

2 REPLIES 2
HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @markalves 

Please provide some sample data.  I'll put something together for you.

Will you consider appending to a range, or do you require overwriting the data?

markalves
8 - Asteroid

Turns out, the input that I had as a reference for the "join" tool had a bunch of duplicate values.  So when I was using the join tool it was duplicating in the join step.  

Still not sure why not having an output range was fixing it.  But now I know what I was doing wrong. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels