Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

R tool hanging at write step

si7967
5 - Atom

Hi Alteryx Community,

I am looking to implement a simple macro which makes use of the R tool. I won't bore you with what the actual script does but it outputs a simple DF (of in-built `data.frame` class so conversion SHOULDN'T be the issue here). However, the process just hangs at the write step. The process is very fast up to this point, I'm sure the data is there (using `print`/`head`/`tail`/`'length`/etc). Does anyone have any idea what it possibly might be? In case it's some DType issue the output data uses `int`, `chr`, `POSIXct`, and `num` types (so stock standard types).

Thanks for any and all help!

EDIT: I got the data to pass through preliminarily by explicitly casting all the cols to `char` so I think it's to due to types. Will work through further by myself, but please free to let me know if there is a glaring issue some one can see.

2 REPLIES 2
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I've experienced this with the Python tool actually. Trying to reclassify, then it ends up jamming it. In the end I decided to change it to a normal String so it can read everything... haven't found any concrete solution yet

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
si7967
5 - Atom

Cheers for your response. Will keep it in mind that this is not just isolated to R when solutioning workflows in the future. Will definitely post if I find a definitive answer somewhere or during development,

Labels