Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pull in multiple files using multiple key strings found within file text

MotorolaMatt
6 - Meteoroid

I have one folder, containing a lot of files. I also have a list of multiple unique strings, Each one of these strings should be included in one of the files' name of which I am trying to import.

Is there a way to do something similar to the thought process below?

IF

contains( "Key String", [FILE_NAME])

THEN

Input into Alteryx

Else

ignore

EndIf

It is worth emphasizing that each string is unique, but the file name is not simply the string by itself. The file names do not seem to be uniform other than each one containing their Key String. Any insight is greatly appreciated, thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@MotorolaMatt 
What I can think of is that we need to pull all the data in with file name then filter with your Key String.
can you provide some sample data set?

MotorolaMatt
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Qiu,

Thank you for your response. That sounds like it may work. Pulling in each file, all of its data, and adding a column with the file name, then filtering by that column to see if the Key String is contained. Sounds like I could make the filter using the "OR" function as well, since there are multiple strings. 

I have built a very rough sample of how the inputs should look, I have not begun building this workflow

Labels