Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Publishing to Power BI

MonaAlmutairi
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone,

Does publishing to Power BI need a Microsoft PBI account? In my company it is not possible. is there any other way to connect between Alteryx output and Power BI?

I need my dashboard to read the Alteryx output directly from Alteryx, without the need to attach a path or something in my dashboard to read from an excel in some folder. :( "I want to automate the process."

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MonaAlmutairi,

You need to either use the Microsoft Power BI Output Tool | Alteryx Help (which doesn't seem possible) or you need to output the data somewhere on your machine so PowerBI can use it. There needs to be a tool to tell Alteryx to put the data somewhere for PowerBI to then use.

Theoretically you could use an API via a Download tool, but I think you'll run into the same issue as the Microsoft Power BI Output tool. Good luck!

-Alex

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @MonaAlmutairi 

• You need a Microsoft Power BI Pro license to publish to the web.
  • The "Publish to the web" is the only way of sharing Power BI content through the service for free with users who don't have a Power BI account.

Please also see Microsoft Power BI Output Tool | Alteryx Help

Labels