Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Problem with macro when moving files to other folder

diabolic
7 - Meteor

Hi all, I meet a problem about moving macro to other folder (or other PC).

Currently, I have created a complex macro which should be insert lots of times in my workflow (each of them would use different configuration). However, the workflow would be used in my colleagues' computer, which means we need to transfer my workflow and macro to other people's computer. When we moving the files, the workflow shows the error that it cannot find the macros. How can we fix the dispatch issue without re-inserting and re-configuring all macros (I have more than 100 macros in this workflow)?

4 REPLIES 4
Inactive User
Not applicable

You both need to point to the same macro location in your user settings. In organisation set-ups I will map a UNC drive location for macros, in which everyone can share. Place them in a network drive and update your macro mapping for each of you to have seamless integration.

diabolic
7 - Meteor

OMG. Bad news for us since the share drive of our company is not always stable and auto clean each week/day/month/year, which means we have to give up using macros in our workflow.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

MikeSp
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @diabolic,

Don't give up! You can use the "Export" option in order to package your macro with your workflow.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Assets-and-Packaging-Workflows/ta-p/4...

Mike Spoula
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx
diabolic
7 - Meteor

Great post! I just recognize that the "Export" function is under "Options" menu OMG. You answer perfectly kick off my problem. I will accept your answer as solution. Thanks a lot.

Labels