Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Problem reading xlsb file, Alteryx reads older version

mpot
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

I have a problem with xlsb file input, for some reason it picks up some older version. So for example when I open xlsb file in Excel date there is 2020-06-30. But when I get it rhough input tool it showes me 2020-05-29, so older version.  I suspect there might be something with Access database from where data is pumping into xlsb file. But how can I pick up the same data which I see when I open file in Excel? 

The problem vanishes if I make a copy of file into xlsm. But that is a monthly process which I would like to automate and it is not a great option to change format manually before adding file to workflow. 

2 REPLIES 2
leon2020
7 - Meteor

Are you sure it is an xlsb file?  I had an issue recently where the file extension of the filename was erroneous and it was in fact a plain text file - actually suited me better but the filename suffix was causing Alteryx to error.  Try reading it as a plain text file and see what data comes out of it.  Worked for me.

I do believe Alteryx can support xlsb file, if it is actually an xlsb file!

mpot
6 - Meteoroid

Yes, I am sure 🙂 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels