Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Prioritizing Run Command to Copy a Template

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi everyone,

I have a problem in running by sequence between the run command and my working workflow. What happens is that the data is not copying on the template and the way see it is that maybe because my working workflow run first before the run command. Please see my screenshots below.

Copy Template.PNG

Results Window.PNG

My question is that what will be the best solution to make the run command run first in order for me to successfully copy the data in the template.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kamen

16 REPLIES 16
KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @DavidSkaife 

The issue has been solved. I was not able to put the suffix ".xlsx" in my formula tool. Now I am able to paste the data into the templates (3 templates) successfully.

FilepPath.PNG

Now, I have another problem. Is there a possibility for me to add the month date and datetimetoday? because I would like to format of the filename will be "Month Date" "Filename" "Datetimetoday". Whenever I add this in my formula tool, it gives me another file which does not contain the format.

Output.PNG

I suspected maybe because of the output filename placed under text tool as seen below where the run command use to create a copy?

Two Template.PNG

Please advise if there's a way to add date in the filename.

Thanks,

Kamen

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @KamenRider 

Yup there is, you simply need to add into the formula something like the below, which adds the date today to it:

"\\Filepath "+DateTimeToday()+" Filename"

note however if you are using any TIME outputs you must use the same for all your formula, as time is specific down to the seconds so the files will never match.

An easy way to do DateTIME is to start with the DateTime tool, and append that stream to all that require it, so there is consistency

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @DavidSkaife 

I have tried this ""\\Filepath "+DateTimeToday()+" Filename" in the formula tool which is placed before the output tool but what happens is that it created a separate file and even though I have checked the "preserve formatting on overwrite (range required) in the output tool, the created file removes the format I designate in the template.

Is there any other way to rename my file without removing the format like below.

Template Format.JPG

Need to rename my file from (for example) Singapore Report to 12-2022 (refers to month date) Singapore Report  12-21-2022 (refers to date today)

Please advised.

Kamen

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @DavidSkaife 

First thank you for your patience in guiding and teaching me ideas to come up for the solution. I will close this since you have provided me the solution of producing my file together with the data and template.

I will create another post of how to rename a file without removing the format. Hope to see you there.

Thanks, 

Kamen

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @KamenRider 

You're very welcome, glad i could help!

Regarding the other query, what do you have the Output tool settings as, specifically the Output Options section?

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Here's my output settings

Ouput Optionsx.PNG

Thanks,

Kamen

KamenRider
11 - Bolide

Hi @DavidSkaife 

Here's my output setting:

Ouput Optionsx.PNG

Thanks,