Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Preserver Formatting on Overwrite to Excel with Take File/Table Name From Field

NeilFisk
9 - Comet

I have a workflow that at the end I output to Excel.  I have selected the Output Options to Overwrite Sheet or Range and seen the option now to Preserve Formatting on Overwrite (Range Required).  I also am creating multiple sheets using the Take File/Table Name From Field option.  Unfortunately, I do not know how to configure the "Range" so that the formatting is preserved.  I have conditional formatting in the Excel file that I would like to preserve, as well as more simpler formatting.

A simple example would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

Neil-Tsunami_0-1609861198262.png

22 REPLIES 22
jbinnig
5 - Atom

Could you provide an example?

I'm using a batch file I run on the pre-run to copy my template to the following file.

Here is my text input value for the filepath, I attach to AppendFields control.

\\<FilePath>\<filename>_{0}.xlsx|||Sheet1$A2:AO20000

I also tried \\<FilePath>\<filename>_{0}.xlsx|||Sheet1$A2:AO

My Output Data is Configured as such.

File Format: Microsoft Excel (*.xlsx)

Output Options: Overwrite Sheet or Range

Append Field: Map By Field Name

Skip Field Names: True 

Preserve Formatting on Overwrite (Range Required): checked

Take File/Table Name From Field: checked

Change Entire File Path: 

Keep Field in output: tried both values

no dice.

jbinnig
5 - Atom

I get a sheet must exist error with your example.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

@jbinnig Try starting a new thread - but first - ummm... does your sheet exsit? If you have a template file and are copying it - you don't magically get a new sheet name. It copies the template file sheetname. So if there is not sheet1 there - there won't be a sheet1 in your new file. And you would then get that error that you are seeing.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels