Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Over lapping

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi All, I have a requirement where I have a data in which there are multiple columns which I want to filter accordingly and provide comments but if my first condition is matching the if else condition then if I am running a new condition that  is reflecting blank data, how can I solve this issue ?

7 REPLIES 7
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Kaish Can you provide a sample data for better understanding your issue?

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi @binuacs Kindly find the attached sample data, the Input and output data are in the same file with 2 different sheets, you can refer the input sheet for input and can check the output sheet to check the output.

Suppose there are few conditions for the file:

1) if Age = 20 ,Address = NYC, Year = contains 2020 then Comment = 'Fresher' else ' '

2) if Age = 20 ,Address = NYC, Year = contains 2022 then Comment = 'Fresher' else ' '

3) if Age = 21,Adress = Miami, Year = contains 2022 then 'New Comer' else ' '

4) if Age = 21,Adress = Miami, Year = contains 2021 or 2023 then 'New Comer' else ' '

Kindly don't match the formula in one, because I have just sent a sample for you to understand, it should be 1st condition and then 2nd condition. In my case if I am running the 1st condition and then 2nd condition it is giving blanks, kindly share me the approach how we can avoid this ? like if the first condition is met it should lock the data which has already passed the 1st condition, now the formula should run on the remaining data and the final part is if the condition does not meet then the Comment which was already there that should exist, that should not be removed or left blank.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Kaish one way of doing this

image.png

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi @binuacs , this workflow will not work for my data as I can't set the conditions all together, I have to setup 1st condition the I have to move to another condition. Can you help me in this.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

@Kaish is year a number or a string? Is your formula treating it like a number or a string? go through the training videos.

Kaish
8 - Asteroid

Hi @apathetichell  This is just a sample, the data I am dealing with is string type data

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Kaish try this one

image.png

Labels