Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parsing Text after specific wording\Characters

bliffick
7 - Meteor

I am trying to parse out this string, NAME]:VOLUME [CLASS]:STORAGE VOLUMES [GUID]:************************** [DEVICEID]:*************************************

I only want the information after [DEVICEID]:  The information after deviceid varies in length and information that will be in this field.  

I have not been able to get this one, I have tried text to columns with ]: as my delimeter, I have tried regex with multiple different statements.  
Anyone have hints, or tricks? 

6 REPLIES 6
CoG
13 - Pulsar

^.*\[DEVICEID\]:(.*$)

Try the Regex above. You need to escape the '[' & ']' characters in order for the Regex statement to work.

Hope this helps and Happy Solving!

bliffick
7 - Meteor

Thank you, I tried your suggestion and modified it.  ^.*\'['DEVICEID\']':(.*$) Is this what you meant by escaping the brackets?  I will be honest I am not well versed in Regex.  

I did try the expression I have in this reply, but I got NULL output. 

Hub119
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

An alternative quick fix solution would be to use a formula tool to replace where you want the split to occur with something like a pipe, and then use that as your delimiter in a Text To Columns tool.  A formula along the lines of the following would do the trick: Replace([String], '[DEVICEID]:', '|')

bliffick
7 - Meteor

@Hub119 

I tried your suggestion, this took out everything related to DeviceID.  I was looking to only get the information after DeviceID

Hub119
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

@bliffick see the attached workflow, and let me know if this is what you are trying to accomplish or not.

bliffick
7 - Meteor

@Hub119 

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I misunderstood your first message.  This worked perfectly.  Thank you.  

Labels