Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parsing Text after specific wording\Characters

bliffick
7 - Meteor

I am trying to parse out this string, NAME]:VOLUME [CLASS]:STORAGE VOLUMES [GUID]:************************** [DEVICEID]:*************************************

I only want the information after [DEVICEID]:  The information after deviceid varies in length and information that will be in this field.  

I have not been able to get this one, I have tried text to columns with ]: as my delimeter, I have tried regex with multiple different statements.  
Anyone have hints, or tricks? 

6 REPLIES 6
CoG
13 - Pulsar

^.*\[DEVICEID\]:(.*$)

Try the Regex above. You need to escape the '[' & ']' characters in order for the Regex statement to work.

Hope this helps and Happy Solving!

bliffick
7 - Meteor

Thank you, I tried your suggestion and modified it.  ^.*\'['DEVICEID\']':(.*$) Is this what you meant by escaping the brackets?  I will be honest I am not well versed in Regex.  

I did try the expression I have in this reply, but I got NULL output. 

Hub119
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

An alternative quick fix solution would be to use a formula tool to replace where you want the split to occur with something like a pipe, and then use that as your delimiter in a Text To Columns tool.  A formula along the lines of the following would do the trick: Replace([String], '[DEVICEID]:', '|')

bliffick
7 - Meteor

@Hub119 

I tried your suggestion, this took out everything related to DeviceID.  I was looking to only get the information after DeviceID

Hub119
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

@bliffick see the attached workflow, and let me know if this is what you are trying to accomplish or not.

bliffick
7 - Meteor

@Hub119 

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I misunderstood your first message.  This worked perfectly.  Thank you.  

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels