Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

PDF to Excel data export issue

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

im trying to export the PDF data as it is to Excel but it is not working as expected. Kindly help me to resolve this issue. I have attached expected Excel Output file.

Thanks

Niranjan

23 REPLIES 23
NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0 Yes i have changed the directory, how can I RUN Alteryx as Admin. Please suggest. 

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @NiranjanK1 

Close Alteryx, and then click with the right button at it. You will have a option to Run as Admin. You will need to have sufficient privileges with your machine to do it.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1676559774626.png

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0 No, i do not have access to RUN As Admin

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@NiranjanK1 

An alternative to that is to create a folder and use this piece of code to install the libraries there and import them from there:

from ayx import Package
from ayx import Alteryx

import sys

Alteryx.installPackages(package="tabula",install_type="install --target=C:\\Users\\...\\PythonPackages")

Alteryx.installPackages(package="tabula-py",install_type="install --target=C:\\Users\\...\\PythonPackages")
sys.path.append('C:\\Users\\...\\PythonPackages')

import tabula
from tabula.io import read_pdf

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0 i tried, it is very hard me to figure it out. :( It is not working. 

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @NiranjanK1 

Try the attached workflow, just replace the 3 bellow locations with one from your local machine. Remember to keep the double backslashs \\ and chose one that doesnt contain spaces (Like Program Files).

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1676563118210.png

If you do this , it will work. Any issue, please post the error message here.

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0 It is got created all the supporting files, the field names and Data is not coming as expected. 

i got the error: There is no valid metadata for outgoing connection 1. Run the workflow to generate valid metadata.

i have nearly 90 pages of data with 23 columns info. data and columns are not coming.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@NiranjanK1 

Click on the python component and see if it has some error inside of it. A good idea is to run just with the file that you attached here first to see if you get the same result that i got.

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0 Yes i got the data with exception(There is no validt metadata for ...), But the file i have shared is sample data. but real data i have more than 30+ columns and 90+ pages of details. 

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@NiranjanK1 

About the (There is no validt metadata for ...) error, this is not exactly a problem. The python tool show it sometimes, it will not cause any issues. 

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1676567093252.png

About the rest of pdf files, it will deppend if they have the same structure of the shared one, and maybe there is some adjustment to be made on the code to consider all of them depending on how they differ one from the another. But the best idea would be to first get the files with the gridlines/proper alignment, then try to run it. Maybe the tabula function could solve it by itself.

Labels