Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output to existing Rendered excel, Specify sheet name error

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I want to keep my formatting of my existing rendered excel. When I output i am getting error "You must specific sheet name".

However I have 8 sheets that I need to overwrite. How do I do this?

These are tables that i want to overwrite.

34 REPLIES 34
mzak89
7 - Meteor

@wonka1234 

Since you add new data there, that expands outside original table, it won't be formatted.

Rendered table will not expand once the new data comes in.

The best approach here would be to color data directly with table tool, instead of doing it manually.

What are your criteria for colouring the output when you do it manually?

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Downgrade to version 2022.X. 

Test my workflow. Adjust for your needs. I do not believe you can do what you are trying to do in 2023.X because "stuff." I think the way it handles render - possibly even when the tool is deactivated will not allow you to do what you want. My hunch is that not just your formatting - but your core data would change between runs because of how render handles files in 2023.X.

IE you:

1) create file in render.

2) edit different sheet manually.

3) go to run workflow with render disabled.

I believe you will find that your file the edited sheet will change - even if you do not use the disabled tool. Render in 2023.X is really for producing files - and does not really support re-editing them.

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@mzak89 I want to color the tabs on a sheet. Dont think table tool can color the sheet tab itself. 

apathetichell
19 - Altair

background color in default table settings can (or should be able to) to set a tab color

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Hey @wonka1234 - where are we here? did you test my workflow/did you downgrade? asking because - my workflow works in 2021.4...

Labels