Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to Multiple Excel Files

RichD
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have about 150 manager report templates created, and I need to run my data, group by the specific manager and write out the data to the respective reports.  I know how to point the output at the correct report, but i am not sure how to build a flow that groups by manager, writes out the report, then groups by next manager, writes out, etc...  I am new to macros and was trying to do this with an iterative macro, but not sure if i understand well enough to make this work.  I thought i saw a post about doing it with a batch macro, but not sure...?  Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@RichD 
Use Formula Tool to create the full path.

Path.PNG

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

While this is achievable with a batch macro, you don't necessarily need to use one. No need to overcomplicate.

You can use the option to change the output path. I dynamically built the path using a Formula tool.

echuong1_1-1606782813010.png

echuong1_0-1606782795654.png

RichD
7 - Meteor

Thank you for your guidance!

Perhaps you can help me understand an error i am getting.  When i used the output tool to direct to the file, the first report gets populated, but it doesn't look like any others do, and i get an error "encountered existing data beyond the specified range."   I dont know why i get this error, because all the files are created off the same template, and the workflow runs the same data for all the managers.  Any thoughts why i might get that error?

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@RichD 
We could have noticed your question if you have mentioned us. 😁

Anyway, I hope you have resolved the issue and if not, maybe below can help.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Output-tool-help/td-p/1048495

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels