Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output data in 2 different sheets

Rahul_Analyst
9 - Comet

Hi, 

I want to get the output in a workbook in two different sheets. Actually, I am checking the data based on some criteria, so if the data is meeting the criteria, it should be in sheet1 and if it is not meeting the criteria then it should go in sheet2. I need help how we can do this. I have attached my sample workflow where 1st end is Multiple join tool which should go in sheet1 and 2nd end is union tool which should go in sheet2 in the same workbook. 

I thought to use block until done, but it has only one input anchor. I tried to union my data before using block until done but it would mix my data which is meeting the criteria or not.

Any help, would be appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Perhaps try this,

PhilipMannering_0-1647603876766.png

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Rahul_Analyst ,

To force your multiple join output to happen first, you can use a combo of a block until done tool and an append fields tool to orchestrate which output happens first. As shown below, your multiple join output feeds into a block until done tool and all records are fed to the output. 

Then you have to stall the union output to happen after the multiple join one, so you have to form a "connection" between the two. That you can do by appending the first cell of the first column to your union dataset and then dropping it in the append fields tool. Your union output will only start when the appends fields tool has done it's thing, stalling your workflow down

AngelosPachis_0-1647604061957.png

Hope that helps,

Angelos

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@AngelosPachis Seems like more effort than to Block Until Done tools?

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

@PhilipMannering maybe but using two Block Until Done tools you infer that one of the two will happen before the other and not simultaneously, which depends on the number of records passing through its tool. 

With the append fields tool you force the one to happen before the other, so I consider it safer?  

Rahul_Analyst
9 - Comet

@AngelosPachis , @PhilipMannering thanks a lot for responses. 

@AngelosPachis , great! It solved my problem. 

Labels