Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Update specific data according to the condition

aeolus187
8 - Asteroid

Hi alteryx engineer

I need to read data from an file and update some of the data due to specific condition and write it back, for an example, i  want to modify the AMT to 555  for all data with column Countif = 2 (real case has bunches of data)

RecordIDAMTCountifFUND
22331AA
33432BB
703CC
802DD

I have one approach is that read all data and update then write it back, just wondering is there any better solution ?

2 REPLIES 2
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @aeolus187 

Your mind is on the right way of doing this. Read in the file - use formula tools (do have a look at the multi-field formula and multi-row formula, they might help some of your conditions), and then output to the same file. 

Sometimes you may get an error, that your file is still open when you are trying to output it. If you put a 'block until done' tool at the end, just before your output, this should remove this issue.

Hope this helps,
TheOC

Bulien
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If it's in a file then I don't think there is a better approach. If it's in a relational database then you can update. But your thinking is correct.

Labels