Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output File Preparation

Ragini1
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create an Output file that has the following tabs:

1. Overview

2. Validation

3. Additional Information

The validation tab is created by Company Code. There are around 20 Company Codes, so 20 Output files will be created.

However, I want to add the Overview and Additional Information tab in all 20 files. I want to automate the process.

Can someone please guide me on how can I achieve this?

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
MattBSlalom
11 - Bolide

This sounds like you want to use a Batch Macro.  Here's a write-up from a similar question:  Re: How to build iterative process - Alteryx Community

For your scenario, the Macro will be the process for a single Company including the output of the 1st & 3rd sheets.

The parent workflow will pass in the list of Company Codes to iterate over, resulting in 20 files created.

Ragini1
8 - Asteroid

I haven't used Batch macro. Can you please help with the workflow?

MattBSlalom
11 - Bolide

The sample I linked to above (Re: How to build iterative process - Alteryx Community) has the pair of downloadable workflows for a starting point and a description of how they're used.  If there's something specific you have a question about, I'll be happy to try to answer.

Ragini1
8 - Asteroid

I am unable to open the second workflow. "ProcessExcelsheets.yxmc"

MattBSlalom
11 - Bolide

I just downloaded it and it opened fine for me.  Can you try re-downloading, maybe it got corrupted or was just a partial download?

Alternatively, here's another very similar post with samples you could try downloading:  Re: Importing and Editing multiple reports - Alteryx Community

Labels