Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Optional macro input tool results in error when no connection present

mjf
8 - Asteroid

Hi all

I am new to making macros and I am developing one with two inputs, both of which are set to optional in the tool config... at least one needs to be present, and I will do that level of checking in the R tool. Below are two images, the macro and the tool config for the T anchor (P anchor is identical). When I run the macro in a workflow with an input tool, I get an error message from the tool that doesn't have a connection to it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

It looks like you haven't put any data into your Macro Input tool. When you put data in there, it sets the acceptable schema for any data you connect to the macro at that point. 

mjf
8 - Asteroid

Thanks. I don't need any data, the user will provide it all, so I have placed some dummy data that I won't expect the user to map to. Thanks.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels