Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Not able to sort

ArijitRoy
8 - Asteroid

Please check the attached file. I have applied subtotal on the basis of JPMC number and added a new row JPMC + Total word after the JPMC number. Every address can have 2 to 3 JPMC number.

That is why I have added Total word after JPMC number. Then I will add the total word on the Address line also and then I am going to remove the JPMC + Total from JPMC column. 

Then short ascending as per the Address Line 1, but if one address line 1 have 2 JPMC number then the both the Total word going at the end of the Address line 1. That is the issue. 

Check the attached file. Data sheet have the data and next sheet have the output that I am looking for. Later on I am going to remove whichever row have JPMC + Total.

Please let me know if you have any query.

Kindly help me the data from the Data sheet to sort Ascending. I have also shared the output in the Sheet1. In the the below picture there are 2 JPMC numbers on one address. So after first JPMC number "Address + Total" should come and then 2nd JPMC and then again "Address + Total".

Output.png

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

keep the original field until after you are done sorting. sort on original field - first  - field with total descending - second. drop original field.

ArijitRoy
8 - Asteroid

Hi @apathetichell,

Have you tried on Alteryx? Unable to understand. Sorry.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

if contains([Ship to Site Address Line 1],"Total") then replace([Ship to Site Address Line 1]," Total","") else [Ship to Site Address Line 1] endif

use that formula to create a match column. sort on that column for 1 and your other column as 2.

ArijitRoy
8 - Asteroid

First, I did not ask to remove the total from Address line 1.

I asked to sort the data in ascending order of the Data Sheet and should match like in the Sheet1.

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@ArijitRoy , @apathetichell did not ask you remove the total... he's asking you to make a matching field (column) in Alteryx for your ease of reference. Whilst we understand you asked, you should be less snarky about your request.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
ArijitRoy
8 - Asteroid

Never mind. I have solved it. Used Tiles tool.

Labels