Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Next page token with Google Maps API error

ThomasHagen
7 - Meteor

Hi guys!

I have been struggling with the next page token on Google Maps' API, and it is really starting to frustrate me, so thought I might ask you for some help.

Firstly I downloaded the data from the URL: 

"......./maps/api/place/nearbysearch/json?location=59.9083080,10.7621380&radius=1000&type=dentist&key=[API_KEY]"

Secondly, I found the the next_page_token from the JSON Parse, and added the token to the end of my initial URL as follows:

"........maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/place/nearbysearch/json?location=59.9083080,10.7621380&radius=1000&type=dentist&key=[API_KEY]&pagetoken=[next_page_token]

Running the macro, the second download is returing INVALID REQUEST. Look at the pictures for workflow and output.

2 REPLIES 2
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ThomasHagen ,

is it a Google Map API limitation? Have you read this? https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Google-Maps-API-Next-Page-Token/td-p/4...

(If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.)

Tyler_Rooks
6 - Meteoroid

@ThomasHagen  Were you ever able to get this working?  I have built my macro pretty much exactly the same as you, but no luck with loading the 2nd page.  Just says "invalid request".

Thanks!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels