Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiplying 1 row of data by 1 column of data

ebledsoe22
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am trying to multiply a column by a row of percentages in order to get a value for each state. What is the best way to do this? See attached file. The total column is the data that I want to multiply by the ratios in the row at the bottom. I want to populate an amount for each row for each state. 

6 REPLIES 6
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Is this what your input looks like or is this your desired output? There are a few ways to go about this. An iterative or batch macro seems like one of the ways you would want to tackle it. Its going to require cleansing the table a bit first though if this is what the dataset starts out like. 

ebledsoe22
8 - Asteroid

Hi @cjaneczko, I would say both. This is how the dataset starts, but I want to populate each column with the product of the total column and the ratios at the bottom. For example, If you look at column AL000000, I want each row of AL to show the product of the  values in the Total column multiplied by the ratio at the bottom of the AL000000 column. 

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

This is one way to do it.

image.pngimage.png

SPetrie
13 - Pulsar

Another option would be using dynamic replace to add in formulas for the columns.

formula.PNGreplace.PNGoutput.PNG

ebledsoe22
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your response. This worked perfectly.

ebledsoe22
8 - Asteroid

Thank you to everyone for your speedy suggestions.

Labels