Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

[MultiRowFormula] How to create an unique key for using it on MultiRowFormula?

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hello everyone!

I am struggling with trying to use multirow Formula and creating a unique key column to use in this tool.

Here's what I have:

Joker_Hazard_0-1614954214564.png

We have an banking account column, a transaction column Called "Historical_description" and an ID column that refers to the number that specifies the transaction.

I need to create a validation process which creates an array (block) with each payment (TED receivable -> Balance Blocking -> Balance Unblocking). Those 3 steps exist FOR ONE payment only that is called "TED Receivable".

I tried to concatenate a few columns to create an unique key that could be used in the multirow tool, but no success... Do you guys have any clue or hints to give me? 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
19 - Altair

if isnull([Row-1:Historical_Description]) then 0 elseif([Historical_Description]="ted receivable" and [Row+1:Historical_Description]="balance blocking" and [Row+2:Historical_Description]="balance unblocking") then [Row-1:ted receivable]+1 else [Row-1:ted receivable] endif

will give each specific 3 record set an id

apathetichell
19 - Altair

change the multi-row formula to display two rows and then:

if isnull([Row-1:Historical_Description]) then 0 elseif([Historical_Description]="ted receivable" and [Row+1:Historical_Description]="balance blocking" and [Row+2:Historical_Description]="balance unblocking") then [Row-1:ted receivable]+1 else [Row-1:ted receivable] endif

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hey apathetichell thanks for the reply.

I had an error with this formula!

Joker_Hazard_0-1614963774292.png

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

I was able to find the parsing error.

Thank u very much for the help!

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Hi!

Could you try putting all three AND statements in an outer parenthesis - that makes a difference on my system.

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Exactly, thats what I did.. Once again, thanks for the help you provided!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels