Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Row Formula help

msjac01
7 - Meteor

Hi Alteryx Community,

I'm running an invoice through the Pdf to Text process and I'm able to get the header and line level invoice data I want, but I'm struggling to get it all to line up in a table format because some is in the header of the invoice and other information is in the body of the invoice. Ultimately, I think I'm looking for a multi-row formula to copy values that are above and below cells that are currently empty. Attached is the current table output and a screenshot of what I'm trying to accomplish. Any thoughts on best approach?

6 REPLIES 6
Raj
16 - Nebula

@msjac01 it is bit confusing about the output required
can you please add clear output expectations.

Bren_Spill
12 - Quasar

@msjac01 - if your data is always in the shown format, the attached approach should work. Not using multi row, but a combination of filter and join.

Thanks!

tim-regas
7 - Meteor

@msjac01 I would bring the invoice information "down" then filter out the null Check Date columns. You would need to duplicate the multi row formula I have for each of the InvoiceNumber, InvoiceDate, InvAmt, and Br/CO. Then filter out based on the null check date.Multi Row Formula Field.png

msjac01
7 - Meteor

Hi Raj,

Attached is the desired output. Appreciate you taking a look!

Raj
16 - Nebula

@msjac01 please find attached.

msjac01
7 - Meteor

Hi there,

I was able to get most of this knocked out w/ RegEx and the Multi-Row tool. The only issue I'm still having is when CompanyCo/InvoiceNumber/InvoiceDate/InvAmtDr_Cr./Br/Co are on a different page (same invoice # though) then the Check Date/Br_CoLines/Description/Reason/Amount/Comment the formulas don't copy down. Any thoughts on how to address?

Labels