Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi IF Statement

HW3
7 - Meteor

I'm looking to create a formula that if any combination of columns A, B., or C has a Y, then Multiple is applied to the Multiple column. If only one of A, B. or C has a Y then the multiple column is left blank. I made an example of what I'm looking for in the picture. Also, I would eventually like to add additional columns to be considered to create the multiple tag.

8 REPLIES 8
TheUdbhav
8 - Asteroid

HI @HW3 ,

Please find my solution attached.

TheUdbhav_0-1682018249324.png

MilindG
12 - Quasar

MilindG_0-1682018338629.png

HW3
7 - Meteor

Hi @TheUdbhav ,

I was able to get this formula to work. Thank you. 

HW3
7 - Meteor

Hi @MilindG 

Thank you for your reply.

I was not able to get the formula to work. I might be missing something. When I applied it, all of the cells came back with Multiple. I do have a question. What difference does the exclamation mark at the front of the IsNull statement make?

I thought that was my issue because I did not include them at first, but I went back and added them, and it didn't make a difference.

MilindG
12 - Quasar

@HW3  ! in front negates the outcome. So in my formula I wrote ! isnull([B])  or I Isnull ([C]) means either B or C has a value then it would be 'Multiple' else it would be blank.

I'm glad you found something that worked for you. Cheers

HW3
7 - Meteor

Ok. Where does column A get considered because it could be any combination of the three columns having more than one populated with Y, and it would

equal multiple?

MilindG
12 - Quasar

@HW3 Ah in your sample data, you did not have null values under 'A' hence I made my formula accordingly. Looking back at your post, I believe this should work

MilindG_1-1682431715385.png

TheUdbhav
8 - Asteroid

Great! Glad that I could help! :)

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels