Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Moving a Desktop License Off My Local Machine

tdsanalytics
7 - Meteor

I am the sole WFH analyst for a company using 1 Designer desktop license with a scheduler on my local machine. Most of my 50 daily workflows query Redshift--if my home internet goes out or my computer disconnects and I'm away, I'm screwed. What are my (cheapest available) options for getting around this? Moving the license somewhere else? (Years ago I transferred my license to an AWS virtual machine, but it was incredibly slow and glitchy.) Or find a way to remotely access the home computer without internet in order to reconnect it, like AnyViewer? Thanks for the ideas.

1 REPLY 1
apathetichell
19 - Altair

If Alteryx allowed you to use scheduler on an EC2 (AWS virtual machine) I would 100% recommend it - and mention that this should a) not be glitchy b) be much much faster when querying redshift (assuming they are in the same AWS instance/have some pairing etc)... Having said that - I do not believe that Alteryx will allow you to transfer your license with desktop scheduler to an EC2.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels