Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Manage Workflow Asset

ayush_mishra
8 - Asteroid

If I have checked assets (for e.g. Macro file) while saving a workflow to the server. Does it mean after workflow is published to the server and then I make any changes to the asset (Macro file). I will not need to re-publish my workflow to the Server?

4 REPLIES 4
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @ayush_mishra 

When the box is checked:

• The asset is packed and uploaded to the gallery with the workflow.
  • To change the macro, you must open the workflow from the gallery, make changes, and upload it again.

When the box is unchecked:

• The workflow tries to access the asset/macro from its fullpath during each run.
  • This works if the server machine also can access the macro's path, especially for shared network folders.
  • You can update the macro directly in the shared folder, and workflows using it will automatically use the updated version.
ayush_mishra
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @Felipe_Ribeir0  if I go with 2nd option (uncheck), will it cause workflow execution to slow down because it is going to call the asset during execution.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@ayush_mishra i usually go with this option, and i never noticed any considerable delay. It works fine if your network shared drive is working properly.

ayush_mishra
8 - Asteroid

thanks appreciate your quick help

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels