Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Load gdb or shp file in alteryx

jvanbeers
6 - Meteoroid

If I include a shp file in the input data model of Alteryx I get the following message below. Could anyone tell me what I can do to solve this?

Error: Input Data (76): No available conversion between projections.
Source is:
PROJCS["WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere",GEOGCS["GCS_WGS_1984",DATUM["D_WGS_1984",SPHEROID["WGS_1984",6378137.0,298.257223563]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0.0],UNIT["Degree",0.017453292519943295]],PROJECTION["Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere"],PARAMETER["False_Easting",0.0],PARAMETER["False_Northing",0.0],PARAMETER["Central_Meridian",0.0],PARAMETER["Standard_Parallel_1",0.0],PARAMETER["Auxiliary_Sphere_Type",0.0],UNIT["Meter",1.0]]
Target is:
GEOGCS["GCS_WGS_1984",DATUM["D_WGS_1984",SPHEROID["WGS_1984",6378137,298.257223563]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],UNIT["Degree",0.017453292519943295]]

11 REPLIES 11
Philip
12 - Quasar

Is there any way you could zip the shapefile and attach or give a link to the source you're using?

jvanbeers
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Philip thanks for your response! I tried to post a zip file but it is not allowed in this forum i believe. Is there anyway i could provide the file to you?

Philip
12 - Quasar

I sent a private message where you can send the zip.

Philip
12 - Quasar

I'm not sure why Alteryx doesn't like the projection. If you change all the .prj files to this WKT version, it works fine. All the parameters are the same, just presented slightly differently.

PROJCS["WGS 84",GEOGCS["GCS_WGS_1984",DATUM["D_WGS_1984",SPHEROID["WGS_1984",6378137,298.257223563]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],UNIT["Degree",0.017453292519943295]],PROJECTION["Mercator"],PARAMETER["central_meridian",0],PARAMETER["scale_factor",1],PARAMETER["false_easting",0],PARAMETER["false_northing",0],UNIT["Meter",1]]

jvanbeers
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Philip,

Thank you very much for the solution. It works when I change the prj extension into a wkt version.

I have a similar problem with the GDB file . Probably it will be some sort of similar problem.

Philip
12 - Quasar

Did you change the extension from .prj to .wkt? Or did you change the text in the .prj file?

If the first, Alteryx will bypass the projection information. That'll work fine for these because the default is the WGS 84 coordinate system. But if it was a different projection, the data would be off spatially.

I performed the second to get Alteryx to read in the information and preserve the projection information.

If you have ArcGIS to create the GDB, the best solution would be to reproject all layers to standard WGS 84 projection.

jvanbeers
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Philip,

I did the first and change the extension from prj to wkt. I believe the other option you refering to is a better one, so i will try that one thank you. Yes we have ArcGIs so I will ask my collegue to provide me a GDB with a standard WGS 84 projection.

jvanbeers
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Philip,

Would you be so kind to share the alteryx output, so I can see how you have used the shape files in alteryx in terms of loading the prj, shp, dbf files

Philip
12 - Quasar

See if this answers your question. I don't think the File GeoDatabase will come across, but I tried including an example of how to connect.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels