Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Line breaks in a LabelGroup.

KGT
11 - Bolide

Hi All,

Hoping that someone can assist with formatting in Labels.

Previously I have inserted Line Breaks into an interface label for bulleted lists etc. I think it was using REGEX and essentially dynamically adding to the XML, however I can't seem to figure it out, remember exactly or find a reference to it. I don't have any old macros accessible to look at what I did previously and most of the macros in Core now have an HTML interface...

I'm trying to get a newline for each of the "-" in the below.

AlteryxGui_cTE7Chg648.png

Can anyone please guide me in the right direction?

2 REPLIES 2
flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @KGT 

1- Save your .yxmc file and close it.

2- Open the .yxmc file by Notepad2 or other notepad app. 

3- Press the Enter key before your '\n -' as line-break. (you need remove '\n', because it is unless)

4- Save your change by Notepad2. 

5- Open the .yxmc file, then you can see that your want.

If can help get your want, please mark it as a solution and give a like for more share.

KGT
11 - Bolide

Ah, I was so bogged down in not being able to remember the method in the front-end!

Thank you, this will work perfectly as it's not something that will be updated often, if at all!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels