Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join/match value in rows instead of separate column

jw68937
8 - Asteroid

Happy Friday!

Looking for a solution for matching with grouping in rows instead of separate columns.

GL Mapping File -  GL Account numbers in G/L Account column (could be 8 digits or could be a combination of just letters or 8 digits plus letters)

jw68937_1-1666976445856.png

Match File - Includes G/L Account numbers in Accounts column and underneath each group of account numbers there is a bold/blue consolidated G/L account  number that is 1-3 digits. There could be up to 3 of these numbers that relates to a group of account numbers. Where there is more than one I want to concatenate the numbers with a comma in between each. Example: GL account number 12284000 would pull in 64,17, 9

jw68937_2-1666976485675.png

I'm looking to match the G/L numbers in file 1 against the numbers in file 2 and pull in the associated consolidated number that it rolls up to. If the 1-3 digit grouping was in a separate column that would be super easy but I'm a bit stumped with it going down in rows instead of columns, any recommended solutions? 

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
jw68937
8 - Asteroid

Added input files to make easier

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @jw68937 

I don't think the files loaded, but I'd suggest trying out the multi-row formula tool to help: 

Luke_C_0-1666992370718.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels