Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Is there a way to copy/paste data on a worksheet from one workbook to another workbook?

Wynn
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I wonder if someone can help me look into the issues with copying/pasting data on a worksheet from one workbook to another tab on another workbook? I have built a workflow before and it worked. However, I tried it again after a few months and it didn't generate anything.

Basically, I'm trying to copy/paste the data from the attached "correct info" workbook to the "scratch" workbook by using Alteryx. Say if I have 20 "scratch" workbooks and all I need to run a workflow so that it will automatically replace what is currently on the "scratch" workbooks by all the data on the "correct info" workbook. Please see attached workflow snapshot. First, I configured the nodes to link to the "scratch" and "correct info" (TB) workbooks. Then I took the link under "connect a file or database" of the second node ( Scratch workbook) and copied/pasted the link to the output of the first node ( write to file or database). The workflow ran without any issues. However it didn't replace anything on the "scratch" workbook". There are new files generated in the folder but their types were "file" not xlxs.   Can someone please help? 

10 REPLIES 10
clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Wynn,

If you open the yxmd in a text editor, you can change the version number and be able to open it in your version. (See this post about it) I did that and reattached the yxzp, so you will hopefully be able to unzip and open it now. You'll want to adjust the directory tool to your file path because I'm not sure where it will default to when you unzip. Hope this helps!

Labels