Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Interface App Error

Alexgray25
7 - Meteor

Hi There,

I am receiving an error in an interface app on a text file input with the file browse tool.

It is throwing the below error.

Alteryx App Error.jpg

I have other similar text files in the same work flow and no error is being driven for those, they are in exactly the same text format as well.

I have checked the file browse configuration in the workflow and they are consistent across all the text file browse tools.

I also have run the work flow outside of the app with the same input files and it works fine.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
Mathias_Nielsen
8 - Asteroid

Hi Alex,

Can you increase the field length in the input tool? I have had a similar issue before.

Br,
Mathias

Raj
16 - Nebula

@Alexgray25 
as per the error message 
the error is due to lenth of field
as suggested by @Mathias_Nielsen try increasing the length of field in the input tool
this should solve the issue.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

Your input data tool in your app is set to take in a flat file - not a text file. You are hitting schema issues with your file. If you are trying to read a text file - use it as .csv with /0 delimiter with a longer field size.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels