Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Input ".del" files in server workflow

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi all,

I am getting errors running a workflow on my server. My workflow works fine for .xlsx files. Is there a way to alter this to accept other formats such as csv and .del?

wonka1234_0-1646236850116.png

wonka1234_1-1646236919829.png

Can anyone help on this?

7 REPLIES 7
jrsheppard
7 - Meteor

Configure your input tool for the correct format - use an input template to do this.  Then, use a "File browse" tool with the action tool to update the values.  This works much better than a text box. See attached.

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@jrsheppard  seems like I cant open due to version difference. I am running on 2021.2

jrsheppard
7 - Meteor

Is there a menu option to disregard?  If not, try right clicking on the workflow file, and opening the file with a text editor (like Notepad).

You will see the XML format (i believe) and it should show something like below:

AlteryxDocument yxmdVer="2021.3"

Replace the "2021.3" with "2021.2" and save over. You should be able to open the file with Alteryx after doing that.

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

not working, the character show up in weird characters.

wonka1234_0-1646252687638.png

jrsheppard
7 - Meteor

I see - I think it was because I zipped it into a .yxzp.  I have uploaded the workflow by itself in 2021.2.  You will need to reconfigure the Input tool with the .csv you are using.

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

is .del same as a .csv? or work the same?

jrsheppard
7 - Meteor

The solution should work.  The only difference is configuring the file format on the input options.  You can select ASCII flat file and choose the appropriate delimiter for a .del file (assuming the file is similar to this format: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/db2/11.5?topic=formats-delimited-ascii-del-file-format)

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels