Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

I need to create an Alteryx work flow with a US Adresses tool called Smarty

Manvi2408
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am facing an issue with Alteryx workflow of  API integration with a tool called "Smarty".

I have the documentation, link below

US Street Address API documentation - Smarty

I am using correct auth-id, auth-token and license. But still I am getting this error I have shared in the attached screen shots.

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Please let me know if something is not right with my approach.

8 REPLIES 8
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Manvi2408, the documentation notes to make sure your headers are correct, which you can set in the 'Headers' tab:

DataNath_0-1656088817450.png

DataNath_1-1656088910334.png

Failing that, we can't see the full URL in your screenshot. If the fix above isn't right, are you able to provide an example of this? Perhaps a screenshot or copy and paste, obviously hiding your credentials (but only them, don't cover any other parts). 400 tends to be from a malformed URL is all.

Manvi2408
6 - Meteoroid

Hello @DataNath 

Thanks for your response,

I have already added the correct headers, I am also sharing the url, its in the same format as the smarty documentation.

Please check the attached snapshots.

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Manvi2408, I can check the URL if this isn’t the issue. However, iirc the headers are case-sensitive and so should be ‘Content-Type’ & ‘Host’ rather than ‘content-type’ & ‘host’.

Manvi2408
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @DataNath,

Still same error, after changing the headers.

Manvi2408
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @DataNath 

Attaching snapshots with correct header. 

DataNath
17 - Castor

Obviously can't see your credentials, but are there spaces or anything in there that you may need to encode properly?

DataNath_0-1656097809561.png

If you try using the example they provide within the documentation, using your credentials where they have provided a dummy, does it work?

https://us-street.api.smartystreets.com/street-address?
	auth-id=YOUR+AUTH-ID+HERE&
	auth-token=YOUR+AUTH-TOKEN+HERE&
	license=YOUR+LICENSE+HERE&
	street=1600+amphitheatre+pkwy&
	city=mountain+view&
	state=CA&
	candidates=10

(Remove line breaks as they're just added to make it more readable. The issue may be that you're just providing credentials and not a query after.

Manvi2408
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @DataNath 

Yes, It works for a single input, like below URL has single address as input. But I want to be able to match multiple addresses, I want to be able to input a csv file, and get the matched addresses from the Smarty database.

https://us-street.api.smartystreets.com/street-address?
	auth-id=YOUR+AUTH-ID+HERE&
	auth-token=YOUR+AUTH-TOKEN+HERE&
	license=YOUR+LICENSE+HERE&
	street=1600+amphitheatre+pkwy&
	city=mountain+view&
	state=CA&
	candidates=10

DataNath
17 - Castor

Have you managed to parse the .csv and get a list of all of your addresses? If so, depending on quantity, you could concatenate them and construct a multiple-address request (refer to documentation), or construct the API URL for each using a formula tool and your address fields before running them through your download tool.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels