Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to set up a warning message?

Shaopingfu
7 - Meteor

I have used summarize tool to calculate Debit side and Credit side result (as attached) 

If I want to have a "Not Balanced" warning message pumped up using Text tool, when they are not balanced. Or a "Correct " message when they are balanced, how can I manage that? 

3 REPLIES 3
WesCannon
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Shaopingfu , You can use Message Tool to accomplish this using the 'Before Rows Where Expression is True' setting to send a Message or Warning when Credit does not equal Debit. You could also setup a Message when Credit and Debit do match. I've provided an example workflow that demonstrates how to do this.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Wes

jterryrsm
5 - Atom

You could try using a test tool. I'd add a formula tool on a separate branch that gives a you a new column. The formula would be debits - credits and then connect the test tool to that. have the test check if it is = 0 and if not it'll produce an error on the workflow. No error means they balance. See the test tool examples on how to configure.

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Shaopingfu 

Check out my virtual Inspire presentation from a while back about error messages (and warnings). It outline the features and functionality and show how they can be used for good.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Inspire-Presentations/Error-Messages-Are-Data-Data-Is-good/ta-p/808...

...and of course let us know if you have any questions.

Labels